The data scientist will be integral part of the Data Science, Machine Learning, and Digital Health Research team (DELTA team) and accountable to both DELTA leadership and the Health Economic, Value and Outcomes Research VP. The candidate should have a strong desire to influence internal and external decision making through the application of innovative data science and technology. In this role, you will conduct sophisticated data analysis to help address critical business questions.
COMPASS Pathways is a mental health care company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health. Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin therapy, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin, COMP360, is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
Reports to: The data scientist will report to Robert Dougherty, Vice President of Digital Health Research.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist in the due diligence on new real world data providers/vendors and drive RWD quality assessments to inform investment decisions
- Work in close collaboration with the value and outcomes research and patient/market access team and help shape the analytics strategy
- Partner with the market and patient access teams to deliver actionable insights from real-world, clinical and other data sources to support health economic and outcomes research efforts for COMPASS. Potential efforts include analysis of unmet needs (safe and effective therapy in certain disease states), treatment patterns and healthcare/economic burden data to support budget impact modelling and cost effectiveness modelling
- Deliver standardised, analysis-ready patient cohorts from in house data assets or online licensed platforms, including generating hypotheses and analysing data to test and interpret results
- Clean, transform and store data into an integrated AWS data lake for future analysis and broader team consumption
- Perform data mining and statistical analysis to analyse RWE/RWD in order to find new insights regarding patient populations and treatment outcomes
- Support the development of real-world data, analytics and platform capabilities, applying cutting-edge advanced analytics methodologies and tools to address scientific questions related to health economic resource utilisation and clinical outcomes
- Collaborate on design and execution of outcomes research studies from a data science and analytics perspective
- Ensure high quality, rigorous and readily interpretable deliverables from RWE studies/analyses
- Build dashboards, analytics and reports for internal and external consumption
- Training in data science, biomedical informatics, health informatics, clinical informatics, epidemiology, biostatistics, health economics and outcomes research, or a related field required; a Master degree is preferred with a background in the healthcare space
- Strong understanding of common statistical testing techniques including hypothesis testing, ANOVA/ANCOVA/MANOVA, generalised regression models, and common machine learning techniques (Random Forest, SVM, PCA, others)
- Expertise in EMR/Health IT, disease registries, and insurance claims databases
- Expertise in clinical data standards, medical terminologies and controlled vocabularies used in healthcare data and ontologies (ICD9/10/ReadCode)
- Experience in designing and executing robust and reproducible statistical analyses in the context of epidemiology and observational research with healthcare data
- Expertise in data mining and causal inference methods such as instrumental variables and propensity score matching
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS
- Substantial analytics experience in R, Python, SQL. Familiarity with SAS welcome but not required
- Familiarity with at least one of Tableau, Power Bi, Alteryx, Spotfire, Metabase or other BI intelligence tools
- Strong track record in delivering leading edge informatics solutions in pharmaceutical R&D and commercial environments
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, and therefore can only accept applications from people who have employment rights in the US or UK.
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.