Throughout the LMS development, the administrator will work on projects that further the development of both the content and infrastructure of the platform. When the LMS is launched, the administrator will focus on the day-to-day support and management of the users.
Reports to: The LMS administrator will report to the Digital Learning Designer and Developer.
Roles and responsibilities
- Works closely with the Therapist Research and Training (TRT) team to assist in the management of all daily planning for the functionalities of the COMPASS LMS platform
- Building and maintaining a deep and dynamic understanding of the TRT team’s operations, projects, and goals, as well as how TRT works collaboratively with the other functions in the company and works towards the company’s mission and vision
Planning and Development stage
- Assists digital learning designer and developer with project management
- Works with the TRT and digital teams in developing the materials and SOPs needed for LMS administration and therapist training
- Contributes to completing data collection in relation to therapist training and research
- Works closely with the training programme regional coordinators and training programme lead to build and maintain an understanding of the status and needs of therapists in the recruitment and training pipeline
- Leads the management of all user progress through the LMS, implements tracking and documentation procedures, acts as the main point of contact for users and therapists while they navigate the LMS
- Uses initiative to troubleshoot and flag any technical or content issues to the appropriate team to resolve and communicate any significant outcomes to the users accordingly
- Manages the execution and storage of all training programme documentation throughout each stage of the COMPASS Pathways Therapist Training Programme
- Motivation to improve mental health and wellbeing of patients through evidence-based clinical trials
- Experience in LMS administration
- Excellent implementation and logistical skills
- Desire to take initiative and ability to work independently and in virtual teams
- Ability and openness to complete repetitive tasks when needed
- Proactive and analytical problem solver with an eye for detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced and continually changing environment
- Excellent project management, written, and verbal communication skills
- Approaches work with an open and balanced attitude, with a willingness to learn from colleagues and collaborators
- Aligned to our company mission and values
- Degree in business administration, communications and/or psychology is an advantage
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV and statement of interest to email@example.com
Please note that for US candidates, we are not able to sponsor employment visas in the US at this time, and therefore we can only accept applications from people who have employment rights in the US.
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.