Recruitment to this trial is managed directly by the research teams at our trial sites, who work to specific eligibility criteria.
In particular, only people who have tried two, three or four antidepressants without success for a current episode of depression could be eligible to join – and this would need to be verified by your physician.
If you think you might be eligible, please contact a study centre near you – locations are listed on the map below.
All applicants need to speak the national language of the country where the site operates. In addition, due to the number of face-to-face clinic visits required, applicants should ideally live within one to two hours of the site, unless special provisions have been made. It may be possible to receive treatment at a site in a country you don’t live in, but this is at the discretion of the site.
If you have a patient who may be suitable, please contact a study centre near you, using the map below, or visit ClinicalTrials.gov for a list of contact details.
Principal inclusion criteria
- Age: 18 years or older
- Failure to respond to 2, 3 or 4 pharmacological treatments for current episode of depression
- At least moderate Major Depressive Disorder (single or recurrent episode as defined by DSM-5)
- If single episode, duration of ≥ 3 months and ≤ 2 years
- If eligible, patients must be willing to withdraw from all antidepressant medications during the run-in phase of the study
Principal exclusion criteria
- Current, or history of, psychosis, schizophrenia, personality disorders, or bipolar disorder
- Depression secondary to other medical conditions
- ECT or ketamine for current episode
- High risk of suicide
- Alcohol or drug abuse in the last year
- Cardiovascular conditions, such as myocardial infarction, in the last year
- Seizure disorder
- Uncontrolled insulin dependent diabetes