COMPASS Pathways is a mental health care company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health. Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin therapy, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin, COMP360, is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
Reports to: The Real World Evidence Strategy Lead will report to the Vice President, Value and Outcomes Research on the Patient Access Team.
Roles and responsibilities
- Accountability for the development and execution of RWE strategy
- Leading the evaluation and characterisation of observational data for their fitness-for-use to address clinical/safety and outcomes research questions
- Participating in innovating, evaluating, and establishing scientific best practices around the design and conduct of observational analysis and accompanying processes to ensure the reliability and validity of real-world evidence
- Responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of observational analyses for characterisation of patient populations and outcomes, benefit and risk assessments, and patient-level prediction
- Critically appraising the changing scientific and commercial environment and synthesising pertinent information into actionable and impactful RWE strategies and plans to support articulation of a product’s clinical and economic value as a direct contribution to preparation for pre and peri-launch activities
- Providing RWE input to clinical strategy/medical plans, payer-related evidence plans, and regulatory strategies
- Identify research study needs, design observational database analyses, including authoring proposals, protocols and analysis plans
- Review and interpret study results from analysis of real-world evidence (RWE) and observational healthcare databases to develop a clinical understanding, present these results to clinical teams, and disseminate scientific information through writing technical reports and peer-reviewed publications
- Participate in the evidence generation planning process and resolution of complex issues, especially those involving RWE in collaboration with the Data Science, Machine Learning, and Digital Health Research team (DELTA)
- Fostering collaborative relationships with expert investigators in external academic institutions and research organisations and with internal stakeholders
- Prioritising research activities, resources, and focus in the face of rapidly evolving product timelines and competitor landscape in relation with RWE
- Ensure inclusion and capturing of patient perspective where applicable
- Doctoral/Masters degree in a relevant field (eg health economics, outcomes research, health services research, epidemiology, health economics, health policy or related fields)
- Experience leading and completing multiple representative RWE projects in any of the following areas: academia, consulting, and/or biotech, device, or pharmaceutical industry is required
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in the design, conduct and analysis of observational research (retrospective and prospective) pre- and post-approval
- Experience working directly in the life sciences industry in outcomes research or epidemiology in the EU or US is strongly preferred. Experience in neuroscience is a plus
- Expert research and analysis skills and a track record of scientific publications. Ability to work effectively, independently, and in a matrix team environment
- Understanding of and participation in RWE industry and academic consortia preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Will work on projects of diverse scope and complexity as a skilled specialist with advanced theoretical knowledge and practical training. Expected to exercise independent judgment within generally defined practices, guidance, and policies
- Should be highly motivated and work well with minimal supervision
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
US applicants, please note that we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, and therefore can only accept applications from people who have employment rights in the US.
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.